For Sale – Shaw 650 – Crime Scene
Photo of Crime Scene in 2014. Boat is now white.
If you have always wanted a Shaw 650, but thought it beyond reach, think again!
Now you can be the envy of your friends and beat up on the sports boats fleet. The Queensland Sports Boat fleet is currently growing and this is your chance to join the action.
Crime Scene was built in 2008 (or 2012 I have also been told), foam core, EVA deck, class spec 108kg bulb keel, carbon rig, full length prod, Harken and Ronstan deck gear, keel winch, new stainless steel outboard bracket. The hull is in great condition with no repairs to our knowledge.
Winner of Top Of Gulf regatta, Thailand 2012, sailed by Lee smith and crew from Melbourne . Sailed only one more regatta after that, then boat stored away for approximately 4 years until imported to Australia in 2016. A full paint refurbish was done by the no 1 paint company in Phuket in 2016, and is now white. The mast and boom are Carbon CST composite sections and are painted white to match the boat. Rigging is 2 years old. All Halyards are spectra and Dyneema. An outboard bracket was added in 2019. Boat is stored under cover. Full mast up boat cover (not a travel cover) in good condition.
SMS TCF= 0.811. LOA 6.5m, SMS weight 405, Beam 2.5m, Draft 1.7m
Trailer: Amazing condition, purpose built galavnised Trailer included.
- Wheel bearings redone in January 2019.
- Spare wheel with new tire mounted on the trailer with a new bracket.
- Swing up jockey wheel.
Competition Sails: built in 2016 and 2017 by 1 Sails and Zoom NZ
No repairs in these sails and no delamination.
- Mainsail is relatively full but with lots of Cunningham and vang it flattens out nicely; it is in great shape. (1 Sails)
- No1 Jib in excellent condition- like new (zoom)
- No1 Jib in good to great condition – (1sails)
- No 2 Jib in excellent condition – like new (1 sails)
- No 3 Jib in excellent condition, new 2019 (Zoom NZ)
- Near new masthead A1and A3 spinnakers
- Main in average condition but big.
- No1 Jib in good condition (1 Sails).
- No3 jib in excellent condition (1 sail)
- No1 Running Spinnaker is old but still works
Very regretful sale as we hoped to have this boat long time, but an unexpected move interstate has changed the plans. Currently the boat is garaged in Rockhampton, Qld. This boat is ready to race or just have some fun.
We are asking $18,000 to sell quickly and happy to discuss further.
Call Carl 0419 733 582 or Brett 0422 082 883.
Also available is a brand new Honda 3hp motor, purchased July 2019 and still under warranty and all the necessary safety gear including flares, radio, anchor, first aid kit, etc. All are new.
Images of Competition sails (not the boat)